The Eden Mills Community Hall, is in the centre of the village of Eden Mills. The two-story updated & energy efficient building with side trellis will eventually have gardens & out-door sitting area.
Main Hall; 1390 square feet, 300 sqft stage
- 120 person capacity theatre style; ideal numbers for weddings is suggested at 100 guests & head table on stage. If head table is on the hall floor then 80 guests + head table.
- Ideal venue for weddings and bridal showers, private parties
- Rectangular tables are provided & chairs (if you prefer; round tables can be brought in by your own arrangement).
- Audio/Visual Equipment available for rent AV_2018_RATES_Final
- Kitchen available for caterers or your own use
- Bar (see Liquor Regulations below)
- Accessible washroom & Accessible elevator
- Ample parking/accessible entrance/elevator
- You must supply your own elevator operator
- Air conditioned
Meeting Room & Club Room
- Meeting room is best suited for board style meetings, groups of 20 or less, tables & chair available
- Club Room is furnished with couches, chairs, and flat screen TV. Suitable to book with the hall as added meeting area if quiet spot is needed
Rental Rates 2018
|Main Hall Over 5 Hours*||Main Hall
5 Hours or less*
|Meeting Room||Club Room
|EMCC Members in good-standing||$155||$90||$50||$50|
|EMCC Members revenue generating events||$330||$175||$70||$70|
|Non-Profit Organization within Guelph-Eramosa/Halton Regions||$175||$100||$50||$50|
|Damage & Cleaning Deposit
$75 for cleaning $125 (damage to property, leaving doors unlocked/windows open or heat or A/C turned on).
Security/Damage & Cleaning Deposit- $200.00
The Security deposit is payable on signing the Rental Agreement. This deposit consists of a $125 damage deposit and $75 cleaning deposit. This will be fully refunded upon completion of the event IF the renter completes the Cleaning checklist at the end of the event. If the cleaning checklist is not completed then only the $125 damage deposit will be returned conditional on a physical inspection of the hall after the event. Damage/Security: damage to property, leaving doors unlocked/windows open, leaving Heat or A/C turned on.
The Community Club is not responsible for acquiring liquor permits. Renter is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits, which should be posted, with receipts attached, in clear view in the bar area. No alcohol, wine or beer can be served without a permit.
Bartender Fee – Variable, Minimum Two hours
Two members of the Community Club (Smart Serve Certified) must be hired if alcohol is to be served at any event with more than 50 people. At an event with less than 50 participants, if only wine and beer is being provided at no charge, then at the discretion of the Executive only one Bartender (SSC) is required. All bartenders to be paid by renter of the hall at $15.00 per hour, per bartender; minimum of two hours.
No alcoholic beverages can be brought onto the premises at any time unless an LCBO Special Occasion Permit (SOP) has been obtained and then can only be on the premises for the time and date on the permit. The SOP must be obtained by the person renting the hall. Permit to be posted, with receipts attached, in the bar area. Bartender cannot open if permit is not present.
No person under the age of 19 years shall be served alcohol. The only acceptable form of identification will be an “age of majority” card or a driver’s licence with photo. Bartenders reserve the right to refuse acceptance of I.D. if questionable.
In line with the LCBO regulations, the renter must ensure an adequate supply of food be served to persons attending the event. Snacks are not adequate. Alcoholic drinks must not be taken outside the Hall for consumption.
The EMCC Rental Agreement 2018 will be filled in by the Community Hall Representative prior to being signed by the renter. The LCBO Special Event application form is attached below as well. For additional information regarding providing Liquor at an event please visit the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario website (http://www.agco.on.ca/en/whatwedo/permit_special.aspx).