The organizing committee & Board of Directors are thrilled to announce the huge success of the first ever Ground Hog Day Dinner & Auction: not only did we raise $13,000 – everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Great food, lots of laughs, and lots of great auction items.
Our charity auctioneer, Kevin Gibson, not only connected with with the crowd, but got people laughing, and opening their wallets!! Our sponsors for the evening we also thank, RBC Rockwood for a generous donation & 3 volunteers to wash dishes, Foodland, Rockwood for giving us groceries at cost and an additional $100 off; Sleemans for a donation of 10 cases of beer; Tom & Ruth Bowes of TrilliumWest Real Estate for donating the stickers, printing, and all silent auction set-up materials, and of course our long list of donors listed in the attached document.
Some of the highlights of the evening were bids on items packaged by villagers offering a specialized service:
- 10-year old boys offering to shovel your driveway brought in $350;
- Tea for 4 with local historian sold for $350
- Dinner & movie night for 4 at local historic farm fetched $500
- Shore up lunch along the Eramosa sold for $275
- Freshly baked Hand Picked; Hand Made; Northern Ontario Wild Blueberry Pie sold for $220
- Evan and Jordan Little will provide 2 hours of music for a dinner party $400
Incredibly generous bids! See below for our final numbers.